Monday 14 December 2015

How to completely change your life

Phew! what a busy and wonderful week for my lovely art business, I am so grateful for how well my paintings are selling and for all the wonderful comments I have been getting. It makes my heart sing and fills my soul with joy.

When I started believing in myself and my abilities the universe has conspired to make it so

I wake up in a morning excited that I get to spend the day painting and drawing, making beautiful heart centred art for lovely people. I stay up until the early hours because I am enjoying it so much.

I was even more happy when I realised I had hit over half my money target for the month in just 12 days! amazing. I love the support from the shining academy on fb, it drives me forward. I thought to myself last night, I wonder if I am busy just because its Christmas coming, then a few minutes later I got a message saying "I love your work but can't buy anything just yet, I will be buying after Christmas" I thought to myself, thank you universe for that sign!
I really can't tell you just how much I love my life and that I am so happy! Please don't think I am gloating, its taken over 5 years of online presence and 14 years being self employed to actually find something I love and that finally has given me a living wage. It takes finding that 'thing' that makes you light up and the knowledge and support from others too.

Hitting rock bottom

I have read many books on success and they all say the achievers are the ones who don't give up when they hit rock bottom, I did what loads of others do at that point and got a 'real' job where I was guaranteed a wage every week because I didn't want to spend another winter without heating or wearing hat, gloves and scarves in the house to keep warm, or to be able to go to the cupboard, freezer etc and have something to make the boys ( I remember years ago we were so poor that I made rice pudding but out of spaghetti because that all that was left, I chopped up chairs to burn on the fire because we had no money for coal and I would walk miles to a greengrocers because they had bags of potatoes for 26p.

I realised though having a 'real' job working for the council (of all people) was not for me, yes the wages are good but the time you spend faffing around doing non jobs and the harsh treatment of different parts of society was not right for me to be part of. There was so much other wonderful community stuff I could be doing instead, I quit. I then panicked because I didn't really know what to do, after this wobble, I gave myself a good talking too and realised the universe always supports you if you trust. (sometimes a really hard thing when you think you have nothing) but when you count your blessings and realise if you have a home, a bed, food and water you are so rich already. Add family or a loved one and you are practically a billionaire!

Hitting rock bottom means there is only one way you can go and that's up!

I remember being about 14 and my mum who was a single parent had no money left for gas, she was in debt from buying a washing machine and her wages was always gone after the bills had been paid (no tax credits etc then) she had 20p in her purse and sent me to phone my dad to borrow some money ( they wasn't on good terms) this took a lot for her to admit we needed help especially from him. I went to the phone box and dialled and it rang and rang, whilst waiting I was looking about as you do and there on the floor in a pile of leaves was a £20 note!. Even then the universe and law of attraction was working, I just didn't know it.


The only way is up!

 I really feel 2015 was a learning year, a year I had to experience things I wouldn't of normally to appreciate my life, all the good things, all the bad things I can look back and be thankful for because everything is a lesson.

I know 2016 is going to be amazing, we are getting a new house which is much bigger than our current home, I will have a dedicated craft/art room -how lucky am I,( I currently use the dining room) we can have a music room too which I can't wait to jam in and the kitchen/dining room is big enough to have people over to share good food and friendship.

I am looking forward to filling out my 2016 Create Your Shining Year Biz & Life workbooks and brand spanking new weekly planner when I do a closing 2015 ceremony at the end of the month.

 I wish you all so much love and success, just take a step, one small step, your future self will thank you 

Love Dotty xx


No comments: