Saturday 19 December 2015

These are a few of my favourite things....

These are a few of my favourite things


My favourite clothing make so far, I hand embroidered the fox on the front and got the gorgeous woodland print fabric from Birmingham market, I have been saving it ever since until the right idea came along!, it also has a red velvet waistband.


My favourite painting I have done so far, is this angel one I did for my mum many years ago as a present, when she was a little girl she used to go to the woods with my grandad collecting bluebells, he died when she was 16 so I never met him, but it affected her badly. She always loved the forest and would watch travel programmes dreaming of travelling around the world, but she never went further than Wales!





My favourite tattoo so far, I had this mandala as a cover up this year and I am totally in love with it, I can't wait to have more, it was done by Rikki Baird at Retro ink, Blackpool.



I made this birds nest hat/fascinator for a carnival ball as part of Showzam last year, it took days to dry and was such a faff, it has real moss inside it, fake birds eggs and a lovely robin (did you know if you see a robin it means a dear departed one is near, I always think of my mum when I see one) But i do love it, I keep it in a shoebox on top of my wardrobe and take it out on fancy occasions.


What about talking to animals! I love it, so many different personalities and its fascinating when you look closely at them, like at their eyelashes, just how amazing and beautiful they are. We should treasure them, love them and keep them safe always.


Mmm chocolate, but only good quality chocolate. This is my favourite chocolatiers in Manchester called Bon Bon, they do the most delicious hot chocolate infused with orange and its dairy free, its like a cup of hot velvet.



What are a few of your favourite things?

Love Dotty xx

No comments: