Thursday 19 April 2012

Why do you have children????

Sometimes you read something that you think oh my goodness I could of wrote that, well this is one of those times, as a homeschooler it sickens and angers me when I hear other parents moaning about the school holidays, whinging a few minutes after picking up their children from school, not appreciating they are blessed and luck to have been given the opportunity to become parents. So when I read Julia's blog post I had to share it, I completely agree 100% with everything she says in it.

This is to introduce you to her post:

"I am absolutely sick and oh so very tired of hearing negative remarks about children and young people.

Every school holiday I hear numerous parents openly telling their children that they can't wait until the schools return so they can get some peace and quiet. I switch on the radio to hear the DJ saying that she "hopes the children aren't driving you too mad" and "Don't worry, just a few more days to put up with the children before the schools return - the end of the nightmare is nigh."

Why is this OK?

I have lost count of the number of negative connotations aimed towards my children when I have been in their presence. I've had supermarket cashiers suggesting that I will be "relieved when the children go back to school" - despite those children just standing at my side causing me no stress or worry whatsoever, often these very same 'nuisance children' are even helping me to pack the shopping into bags and I'm thankful for their presence"

To carry on reading the full article go to her blog Classroom free

4 comments:

Marina said...

Hello! I've just found your lovely blog via Lesley at Riddlers Cottage, and have become a follower. I TOTALLY agree!! In fact only last week I was moaning to hubby about the opposite - that the Easter hols had gone too quickly and I would be sad for them end and my little girl go back to school. I always look forward to the holidays, and always try and make them as fun as we can. Every day of the Easter break my little girl, baby boy & I would be either visiting, making, playing and simply enjoying the precious time together. I get very annoyed when I overhear parents at the school gates moaning that the holidays are almost upon us..REALLY riles me! There we are, little rant over, :) I love your blog and look forward to reading more. Marina x

sustainablemum said...

It is refreshing to find someone who thinks the same. I am home educating and often hear 'day off school then, bet you can't wait till they go back'

Peach Nia said...

Yes, well this is beause you;re a good attentive mama bear..I think bad parents or parents that just want their own life don't give their kids what they need, so their kids run riot, so these parents cannot wait for the school to parent their kids again

Peach Nia said...

Yes, well this is beause you;re a good attentive mama bear..I think bad parents or parents that just want their own life don't give their kids what they need, so their kids run riot, so these parents cannot wait for the school to parent their kids again