Sunday 17 January 2010

springish clean

Something has happened to me, I'm not sure when or how it transpired but I have been cleaning, I mean real chuck out all your crap cleaning, paint over the mucky patches cleaning -something which I am not normally accustomed to do. I do tidy round a bit and hoover if someones coming, if its the parents we yell "action stations" to the boys and we all run around the house like idiots, when they arrive we usher them into a room we have tidied and make sure the other doors are blocked by a human so they can't just "pop in" to them. But this tires me, in fact I hate going to other peoples houses that are all lovely and tidy because it makes me feel guilty.. guilty that I spend too much time sewing, baking, reading, playing games, reading blogs about other peoples houses, gardening, going out on trips, just living really, but then as if by magic something came over me, it started with my sewing/dining/computer/home school room. Since Christmas was over and I didn't have the excuse of being in the middle of present making something had to be done, I spent 2 days- yes you read that correctly TWO DAYS cleaning, sorting, faffing about with it. I was so happy on the third day I came down to put breakfast on the table and it was a joy to go in because I kinda just for a moment forgot it was tidy, its lovely. I wanted to share my best bits, 1. because I love it, 2. because in the future if I lapse I can look on here at how tidy it was and 3. because for just this once someone else in blog land can look at my blog and see a nice tidy room. My sewing corner, taken at night but it isn't that dark in real life, I can see to sew.....

here it is in daylight, my CD collection is right behind my chair so I don't have to get up to swap them and out of shot at the bottom is my vinyl collection, my BF built the shelves bless him....


another corner that has oodles of buttons, jars, card toppers, ribbon, craft books etc...



My collection of suitcases, the bottom one was my dads from the war years, they are full of either stuff made and ready to sell or embellishment and lavender, my inspiration board sits happily next to them....





our table, again its not this dark, just think I'm a bit naff with the camera, so glad I started this clean up, I keep putting my stuff on free cycle and taking bags to the charity shop and trying to get over the thought of "ooh it might come in handy one day"!.
Must go and get ready for knit and natter group which I'm loving , ta ta for now x





3 comments:

Charlotte said...

You could have been talking about me ! I've been doing proper ' good ' cleaning , sorting , wipingand putting things back where they are supposed to go ! Isn't it lovely when its done! Your house looks fab!

Charlotte xx

Miss Bliss said...

You have been busy Rubles! Must come round for a cuppa! Been a mad week; mum been in hospital so have spent most of my time in Preston. Hope you and your four men are well and we'll catchy-up soon hon xxx

Gina said...

Looks lovely!