Thursday 5 May 2016

Beneath every strong, independent woman ...truth

 

This... this is so true, 

just because I now choose to be positive and happy doesn't mean I have always been this way, 

I have learned, I have grown, awful things have happened in my life, I have suffered tragedy, had severe depression, had an eating disorder, been abused through domestic violence, felt abandoned when my dad left when I was 7, am now an adult orphan with no parents, been a single mum to 3 boys for 8 years, 

things I do not wish to disclose to anyone but you know what, I don't feel bad, 

I don't want revenge, I am not a victim, I am not 'in recovery', I am recovered and everything that has happened to me, has made me the person I am today and for that I am thankful, 

 everything that has happened, happened for a reason, it made me strong, it made me realise that I can choose to dwell on the past and feel like a dark cloud is over me or I can choose to be thankful, 

I choose to see the good, I choose to feel positive and shine my light. Everyone has a past, everyone has a story, no one knows what that is unless they are told. 

Don't automatically judge a person on how they are now, it's often taken a long and winding road to get to where they are today.

 Love Dotty xx

No comments: