Saturday 7 June 2014

Trip to Blackpool

So my sister and my niece came to visit us from Cornwall today, it was lovely to catch up, we didn't see each other for about 18 years and only come together for our mums funeral, since then they have visited each year, it's great to have family. 
So this evening I acted like a tourist and we went to Blackpool promenade for a walk, on the side where the shops are full of rock and kiss me quick hats its busy, noisy, smelly and full of idiots getting wasted but cross the tram tracks to the newly refurbished sea front and its a different story, curvy steps lead down to the calm sea, the sun was shining brightly, it's peaceful and a lovely view, the distant sound of splashing and laughing fills the air, the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore, the smell of salt in the air. 
We sat and reminisced about childhood whilst the sun set. 
It's Blackpool I don't really see very often and it always astounds me how beautiful it is. 

No comments: