Thursday 5 June 2014

What a wonderful day at the allotment

Hello lovely people I am now the proud co-owner of an allotment. We was only on the list for 11 months so that's awesome and quick, apparently on average it's 3 yrs waiting. Our plot is number 22 which was my mums birthday . It was pretty overgrown but already had beds in it which was a bonus and a huge rhubarb plant. 
We have been there almost everyday weeding and digging, it really is hard work but the bird song and friendly neighbours make it easier. It's super hot there too and I've got a lovely tan, it always surprises me how well I look when tanned. 
I am hoping not only to grow as much veg and fruit as possible but to lose some weight too with all the hard work! 
We got some rhubarb to bring home to make a pie and in the way popped in the library to get some books, I got the virgin gardener by Laetitia Maklouf, the frugal cook by Fiona Beckett and self sufficiency by Alan and Gill Bridgewater. So tonight after a relaxing bath I shall put my feet up with a cup of nettle and peppermint tea and get some reading done. 

No comments: