Friday 26 February 2016

The sun will come out tomorrow

Super quick post today because I wanted to share my latest makes with you, I am in love!!




A  customer asked me to make some gifts for her daughter and her daughters friend who is starring in a production of Annie, I have had so much fun!, the boxes have lines out of the film which the characters the girls are playing say around the edges of the box, there are individually hand printed lyrics from 'tomorrow' on a textured paper, made into a little book and the last page says 'We love you Miss Hannigan' on it. There are diorama's of girls from Santoro's gorjuss collection, customised to fit in the theme and some little extras like roses and a musical key note.The boxes are decorated all the way round with tissue paper, butterflies and ephemera papers.




I haven't ever made anything like this before so am really pleased with the result, I think I would like to make some fairytale ones next, everyday my mind races with new makes and ideas! there are not enough hours in the day.

I remember I went to see Annie at the pictures with my mum, I think I was 8 at the time and it was so good, we sang the songs all the way home and I wanted to live with daddy Warbucks!
What is your favourite childhood film or fairy story?

Hope you are having a lovely week.

Love Dotty xx

No comments: