Thursday 15 October 2015

My dream job - making art

I have a dream, I have had it since I was 12 in art class at school, I drew a pair of hands, shaping a bamboo handle, it was a pencil drawing and my teacher really praised me for it, it built my confidence and I knew I wanted to be a fashion designer, I loved the feeling of making marks on a page and it transforming in front of my eyes, when I was 16 i went to art college and loved it so much, I learnt so much and I really wanted to be an artist and live in Paris (after studying fashion design in London) but alas fate had other ideas and I met someone and was pregnant at 17, I had my first baby one month after turning 18. I had to drop out of art college because I was so ill from pregnancy, I then went onto having 2 more children all before I was 22. I lived life in a domestic bubble (not one of love either, but that's a whole new story) eventually we split up and I was a single mum with 3 children under the age of 5, no time for drawing or painting or much else to be honest. Then after a couple of years of madness and me trying to 'find' myself things settled down and I began painting again, I was a single parent for 8 years then I met my one true love.




No matter how many different jobs I have had or hobbies I have tried I have always come back to drawing, I have always wanted to do it for a living, I can't imagine anything better, I am always telling my sons to find a job they love and they will never have to work a day in their lives, I want drawing, creating art and painting to be my work.

I haven't put this 'out there' before but I have changed a lot this year and next year I am 40, I am just going to be honest and say it as it is from now on, I have been self employed for 14 years and although I have had wonderful successes, its never been constant, from one week to the next I don't know if I am going to earn money, I trust the universe will always look after me and my loved ones, I truly do, but it would be so nice to be able to not even think about money, to be able to know I can do amazing things and help others without having to be thinking where the next bit of cash is coming from. So now I am putting it out there to the universe and the world....

 I want to draw and paint and sell my beautiful creations in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way, in it's own perfect time for the highest good of all.

So I am now taking commissions, Shhh Christmas is coming (#sorrynotsorry) so if you would like your own piece of bohemian art making for your loved one, get in touch or send me a message on Facebook

No comments: