Monday 1 November 2010

charles cole scam

I am on a site called Misi Handmade and I received a message the other day from Charles Cole who is interested in buying my kitschy pink pop painting, he asked me to reply to him on his private email, which I did, he asked if the painting is still for sale and to send my paypal details to him, he said he would arrange collection of my painting himself.

I then received an email which made me think this is a scam, I have attached it at the bottom of this message. I googled it and it turns out he is a scammer, I wanted to inform you about this because I think it sounds like a money laundering scam, I know lots of you sell your wares online and I feel like I would of never fallen for anything like this, but because it was through misi and the excitement of selling my painting -especially with christmas coming, I did. Thankfully I realised before any money transferred. I have informed Misi of this and hope this guy's karma works very soon.

Mon, 1 November, 2010 10:20:36 just about to make the payment
From: Charles Coleman



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just about to make the payments when i had this little problem with the picking up of the item , I am currently on sea and i tried to book pick up with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking, and they only accept western union money transfer for payments and they don't accept paypal or bank transfer and I tried to send the money online but i couldn't and I am on sea and there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it was ok for me to include my pick up agent's fees in the payments I am about to send through paypal, my pick up agent charged £100.00 plus insurance and all of that, please can i include their money in the payments I want to send then after i have made the payments you will help me forward the £100.00 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer, this I would have done myself and not bother you but the for the fact that I am currently on sea, so after I have made the payments you will help me send £100.00 to my pick up agent through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments,I will more than appreciate if you mail me back, and I will be making the payments shortly.


PS:the shipping company's Head quarters and any pick up fees to be paid is sent to their head quarters by the payee, so the money for pick up will be sent to their head quarters through western union money transfer(this can be done from any post office) at western union.

1 comment:

salty pebble said...

yes! i do agree i dont trust the sound of it...but its best to sometimes follow your gut feeling!
its hard to trust alot of things these days...ive had emails regarding charity goods- would i donate art work...but no charity is named within the mail.
some scammers are sooo crafty! but im not stupid hehe x