Saturday 6 November 2010

baby is on it's way....

My lovely sister in law (unofficially so far) is over her due date and we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl so with this in mind and some books from the library I started making some lovelies for her, I made her a patchwork quilt using some stashed fat quarters I have had for a while and didn't know what to do with and a matching lavender baby to hang in the crib to aid (hopefully) some sleep.
the baby looks much better in real life - trust me....

I love the baby blue and white striped squares, this was a sheet from a set I discovered a few years ago in a vintage shop, originally from a french hotel!! I do hope she likes it. I plan on making baby booties too with the help of this book
The photos in this book are lovely and there is a pull out pattern sheet at the back of the book to go with each design, clear easy to follow instructions too, it is written by Emma Hardy who has written several craft books and worked for Marie Claire (women's mag). I have read her green crafts for children book which is lovely if you have little ones.

I got my Christmas country living through the post today too and the piccy's are gorgeous, I do so want to live in the countryside and frolic in the deep crisp snow after opening gifts galore and looking forward to a hearty Christmas dinner then relaxing in front of a big open roaring fire, whilst smelling cinnamon and cloves wafting in the air.
Hope your having a lovely weekend xxxx

No comments: