Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy colour revolution!!

I want to start a happy colours clothes revolution in UK, pledge your alliance to Dotty wear and this week choose to wear an outfit the does not include grey or black. Make sure you tag your photos ‪#‎Dottywear‬ on Twitter so I can see you in all your gorgeous glory! Share this and lets see how far around the UK this can travel.





                                                             Lovely colours = happy




I love making clothes and wearing combinations that make me feel beautiful. Today I went to town in the pink skirt in the last picture, I had a bridal net underskirt under in which peeks out of the bottom and floral docs, the amount of filthy looks and stares like I was an alien I got (mainly off women) was crazy, I often don't really care what people think or if they stare, after all I live in Blackpool in the dreary north of UK where the folk wear black and grey clothes but today it made me think, why is it so wrong or not normal to wear colour?


 Little girls wear lots of colour and loads of pink, at what age does it become wrong and the 'adult' wear has to be bleak and dark colours? I looked out over the high street and surveyed the sea of jeans and black coats, the only bits of coloured clothes was on children and a disabled lady. 





This is sad really. In other countries women wear glorious coloured clothes and are deemed beautiful. I think women should encourage each other to look lovely and support each other by smiling and not sneering. It just reminds me of bullying and that's not nice.


  
I think seeing women comfortable in their own skin and owning their power can make other women uncomfortable, or feel like they are somehow inadequate, which is crazy because we are all beautiful x

No comments: