Wednesday 25 August 2010

summer days driftin' away....

Yummy recipe I made up as I was running out of flour and had no sugar but they turned out so well I thought I would share, they were meant to be cakes but they are more like scones, still blummin' great with a cuppa though:
200oz self raising flour
100oz butter/marg/spread
3 heaped tablespoons of golden syrup
1 free range egg
whizz them all together in a bowl in any order you like until they are dough like, roll into golf ball sized balls and flatten with the palm of your hand, pop on a tray in the oven for 10 - 15 mins gas mark 4/5 depending on how good your oven is (ours is shit, it burns everything) and voila' yummy scrummyness for you x We had a lovely time today meeting up with friends, playing on the park and going on the beach although it was rather cold and windy, the boys loved it.
throwing sand, building an army fort and digging a great big hole


rather proud of the hole, especially when they discovered water was in it after digging down deep enough

My lovely ladies, Claire and Martina who make me smile, make me feel happy and are two of the most beautiful people I know, thanks ladies for being my friend xxxxx

1 comment:

Miss Bliss said...

Awwwww Rubles, I love you toooooooo! Thanks for a lovely afternoon with you and your men. Catch you next week honey xxx