Thursday 6 August 2009

great friends and a great day

We went to our home school meet yesterday but this time we went up to Beacon Fell, luckily it was there sports day so there was lots to do!. After missing 2 buses we got to our friends house and my boys went with my friends boys to look for eggs, this is still a novelty to us as our girls are not laying yet. I enjoyed a lovely coffee ( I remembered to take rice milk with me - we have quit dairy) and we set off, there was an orienteering map we could follow and the men was in charge whilst the mums ambled at the back chatting and taking in the view, the boys all ran on looking for marker flags. It was a nice day for a change and after getting to the summit we sat for a rest......
there are many sculptures dotted around the woods and we came across this stick hut someone had built - how great with a little work we could live here!
Part of the sports day was arranged activities, we tried welly wanging, my throw was OK, its surprisingly hard chucking wellies the furthest! One of the home school boys said he had watched it on telly where they fill the wellies with custard before they throw them!!


All the boys got to try archery, they had a blast and all did really well, all got a bulls eye! its all the soldier playing practise I guess! I would of liked to have a go but it was children only. The archers ( Bowmen of Pendle and Samlesbury )had loads of patience with the children and were really friendly. We think we might try and go sometime and try it out, would be great for a party event.


After leaving Beacon fell we went to Holly Farm, we petted the animals, they have a horse, a pony, 2 big smelly pigs, never seen pigs as big in my life, rabbits, chicks, calves, cows and my favourite goats!, I named them Lilith and billy, Lilith a white cutie kept eating my skirt and Billy was so naughty headbutting stuff and jumping, they are so adorable, I can't wait to get some of my own.
The boys had an ice cream whilst we waited to see the cows being milked, in my honest opinion it wasn't worth the wait, the window where you look out to see them is tiny, if there is more then 2 families in there you have no chance, really when you do look the cows are all packed in like sardines and you can't really see whats going on.
Then we went back to our friends house, she lives in a big old farmhouse and has a lovely garden and orchard for the boys to play in, all the boys played at gladiator training in the orchard whilst we had a cuppa and a lovely chat. She made us all dinner which was another wonderful treat for me and then we came home.
Arriving home I had a faith in nature parcel - Mmmm yummy hair stuffs and an adorable thank you card with little baby feet on the front off Claire over at The green queen . Reflecting on the day when I went to bed I realised how lovely my life is and how lucky I am to know such wonderful people.



2 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

Ahhhh gutted I missed Beacon Fell hon. I SOOOOOOO tried to leave the house - honest, I did, but it was past 14.00hrs by the time I got myself and children dressed. Shocking! Back Mon - will email to arrange a lovely cake and coffee session my lovely! Hugs xxx

nocton4 said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, great to pop over and find out about your adventures.
big love
xx