Sunday 12 August 2012

Vintage and handmade fair Wigan

Well today we went to Haigh Hall at Wigan, my friend Colette Halstead who is a glass artist and uses real leaves in her glass is the driver and me, well I'm the passenger, we have great fun on our days out, that's how we see them you know, that's what it's like working for yourself attending fairs, lots of fun.
This is the first time we have been to Wigan to attend a fair and it was funny that it's on a Thursday too but we were assured by the lovely organisers "vibrant vintage by Victoria Claire" that it would be busy. The venue itself is set in 250 acres of woodland, the building is Georgian in design with large chandeliers, high ceilings and sweeping staircases. It has an amazing view overlooking Wigan. The weather is sunny and quite warm.
We set up in a long room with 18 other stalls all varying from vintage clothes to patchwork quilts.
The morning started off quietly with a few customers then slowly built up, the total was 150 visitors, I didn't take much money at all, I'm glad it was a nice venue with nice people and had a lovely view or I would of been disappointed.
After the fair we went to Preston and Colette took me to an Indian supermarket oh my good lord I was in heaven!! So many spices it was amazing, we then went to an Indian snack shop where I spent all my money on samosas and other gorgeous delights it made my day!!

No comments: